I love summer. It makes motherhood an exciting phase. Kids get the chance to play outside in the sun. When fall comes, we are assured of a rainy afternoon. As a mother, I have a creative idea that will keep the young ones occupied while indoors.
Children loving playing and they will play with anything they set their hands on. I was excited when I stumbled on the video which teaches us to make DIY air dry clay.
Air Dry Clay Tutorial
There is no need to bake the clay as it dries out in open air. It is ideal for art projects.
You will need:
- Cornstarch- 4 ounces
- Glue-4 ounces
- Vegetable oil/baby oil- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice/white vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Mix half a cup of cornstarch and 4 ounces of glue in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Take it out and give it a quick stir before returning to the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine the mixture. It should be dough-like. You can add in more cornstarch if needed.
- The clay should have a smooth and creamy texture. It is ready for use.
Watch the video for full details and SHARE on Facebook.