Is your bedroom tiny? You probably do not have enough room for your bed and your dresser. Let us not mention the shoes and other random bedroom items. Worry not!
You do not have to feel content settling in the limited space. Work on improving your storage problem without making serious adjustments to the room.
How? You may wonder. Here is a simple DIY platform bed that will solve your storage problems. It is a simple renovation that will transform your bedroom.
You will need:
- 3 bookshelves
- Plywood for support and frames
- 2 by 4 for spacers
- Join the bookshelves to form a “U” shape.
2. Cut the plywood pieces to the same measurements as your mattress. Lay them on the U –shaped bookshelves.
3. Place the plywood to the crosswise to the frame. It should go from top to bottom. Use the two by four pieces as spacers between the pieces of wood. Screw in the wood and let the spacers inside the wood planks at the bottom of the bed.
4. Cut wood pieces that will extend from the floor to the lower part of the platform. Use them supporters by drilling them into the wooden frame.
Once done, add your mattress, bedding, and headboard. You have a bed with adequate storage space.
Did you like our DIY? Kindly SHARE with friends on Facebook and let us know your thoughts and feedback!