Do you want an enjoyable weekend project? Then find no other except these sweet honeycomb shelves. They are simple to make, cheap, and flexible to use at home
By heaping these ice cream sticks on top of each other in a hexagon figure, you can make a 3D honeycomb. Making more than one of this creates a cool effect for a balanced bookshelf. You can either stick these honeycombs collectively or leave them split as more modular components.
To get started, you only need a hot glue gun, some ice cream sticks, and some hot glue sticks. The appearance of the popsicle sticks is just cool; it appears like bamboo shelves. But they can do as a plain canvas for some cool colors. White would give your DIY bookshelf a brittle sparkling look, while a color such as cobalt blue or emerald might be the bang of color your decoration requires.
Just a warning, this is somehow a long project. Even though you can decide the number of layers, you want to append to each shelf. Bear in mind you will have to join on six sides for every level. If you choose to follow the instructional clip from I Am Chipo, you will be using 19 levels for every layer.
If your plan is a little too squeezed the more implicated portion of this project, ensure you watch the recording below! It is truthfully mesmerizing to watch these honeycomb layers get created, and the music in the background makes it energizing.
What are your thoughts on these cute little 3D shelves? Share your opinion on this project in the comments below.
Honeycomb Popsicle Stick Shelves
• Popsicle sticks
• Hot glue sticks
• Hot glue gun
1. Begin by making a hexagon with 6 popsicle sticks.
2. Remove the top three sticks, while leaving the base of the shape unbroken. Bond the two sides to the base of the hexagon. Use this as a guide to stick the top three sticks in a similar way.
3. Stick both sides of the hexagon collectively. Ensure to check that all parties of the completed outline are identical.
4. Now initiate layering of popsicle sticks on top of your sketch, attaching the stick to the two trimmings of two current sticks. Put in as many shelves as preferred, 19 are added in the clip below.
5. You can create numerous shelves if you wish. If you want, you can stick the units together or keep them split. The option is up to you.
Please SHARE this excellent tip on Facebook with all your friends!